Monday, July 21, 2008

Remembering...

Today would have been my parents 35th Anniversary. Tomorrow is the 9th anniversary of my dad's death. Days like today are still hard. It's amazing to me that it's been so long, some days it just feels like yesterday. Some days it feels like decades. But after all this time, I still miss mom and dad so much. I would give most anything to sit over coffee with them one more time...to watch them meet and play with their grandchildren. To just give them one more hug and kiss and tell them that I love them.

If your parents are around...no matter what-let them know that you love them.

5 comments:

my life: said...

Thank you for the reminder....

Sarah said...

I am so sorry Jenn, big hugs to you.

Angela said...

Jenn, I'm so sorry. I know the desire from the depth of your soul to talk to one parent---- I absolutely hate that you have to feel that for both of your parents at such a young age. You are an amazing woman, and I know they are so proud. XOXOXOXO

Heather said...

awe jenn, i'm so sorry. i can't imagine the pain of losing parents. big hugs to you.

wendy said...

((hugs)) to you jenn.

your parents raised a fabulous young lady with a heart of gold.

you are a world changer and i am certain your parents would be proud!

much love and extra prayers to you.

xoxo.