Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Yan Happenings









We have had some busy days lately. I thought I would share a few pictures. On Saturday I had to attend a continuing education class all morning. Yan was able to go to our friend's house, the Dorris', who have three fabulous girls from China-Zara, Zena and Zola. Yan loves it there! She has gone from apprehension to feeling right at home with Charles, Rebecca and the girls. This Saturday there was a "Dragonboat Festival" downtown...so they all made a trip to check it out. We are so grateful for their friendship and support!
After I got back, we ran some errands and then went to our local "Families with Children from China Ice Cream Social" at the park. After a day of fun, park play and chocolate ice cream, Yan was sacked out and fell asleep on the way home. What a fun, sticky ending to the day.

The next pic was taken today...aren't those the most beautiful "F's" that you have ever seen??? My baby drew those by herself today. Our letter of the week is "F"! I am SOOOOOO proud...she rocks man! :-)
And lastly, the newest daytime member of the family, Alex! He is a cutie and we are enjoying taking care of him. Yan is constantly helping and kissing him (or hiding his lovey behind her back)! So sweet (most of the time)!

4 comments:

my life: said...

what a big girl....feeding the baby...can you tell, I'm still struggling to accept that she is growing up?????

Jenn said...

You and me both sister!!!

The Feasters said...

She's doing so well Jenn!! The "F's", the separation from you to go play with friends, and the helping with the baby! Way to go Yan; you are awesome!!!!!!!

Mrs. Garner said...

and what wonderful friends you have!

Eileen and Reed