Saturday, January 31, 2009

A Birthday, A Haircut and more!










I know that I'm totally slacking on the blog-so sorry! Life just seems to be very busy. Yan is pretty sick right now (I am SO over winter) with a bad stomach virus. I'm praying she rebounds quickly. When I asked her, "Do you want to watch Barney?", and she responded with a "No" and laid on the bed in silence, I knew it was bad.

So, I thought I would post a few pictures from her birthday and from her latest big haircut. Yan is still dealing with some significant sensory issues. While we both loved her long hair, it was a battle to get it brushed each day. So, I cut it. I cut off 11 inches for "Locks of Love"...and though you wouldn't know it by the pictures, she really does like it. (Okay, I'll be honest, I'm kind of regretting it...but I do enjoy not fighting about brushing it every day.)

Yan also lost her 2nd tooth and she didn't swallow it! She was very proud! So enjoy the pics!

2 comments:

Heather said...

sure hope that the sickies go away and stay away.

yay for birthdays, baby teeth coming out and locks of love!

but poor yan...she looks utterly horrified about that haircut.

like you mentioned, now she does like it. and you will too...you are so right-much easier to comb and keep those pesky tangles under control.

Rhonda said...

Great pics! I bet you hated cutting her hair! I know its a lot easier to comb now, and someone will appreciate the locks!!I hope shes feeling better. I hate I missed the Chinese New Year celebration, maybe next year!
Rhonda