Friday, February 27, 2009

Smart Little Cookie!

It has been a rough day, but I had to share what Yan amazed me with today.

I was finishing up a phone call with a friend while driving to a bank (trust me, it's a rare occasion that I talk while driving). I was whining a little bit about the weather and told my friend to feel free to call this weekend because thanks to the weather we wouldn't be going anywhere, even the P-A-R-K. (I spelled it because Yan loves the park and she would want to go regardless of the weather.) I hung up and Yan was staring at me, she smiled and said, "PARK"! :-) I screamed I was so happy! What a smart girl! I almost cried. I love it that she just soaks this in and amazes me!

I am blessed to have her as my daughter!
Jenn

4 comments:

Jill said...

Hooray for Yan! She'll be ready for a spelling bee yet! :) (Funny how they learn to spell the words you don't want them to know at the time, though, right? ;)

Heather - Hopelessly Flawed said...

Woo-hoo! Great job Yan - that's amazing!

Paige said...

That is great!

Gwen Oatsvall said...

what a sweet moment for you heart ... and what a smart girl !!

thanks for putting my blog button up ... i just love how God is working through this t-shirt ... i can't wait to see my two in Africa!