Sunday, March 23, 2008

He is Risen Indeed!

Happy Easter!! I hope that you were blessed with a wonderful time to celebrate our Savior's resurrection!

I've been pondering Easter this week and was thinking about how my thoughts about Christ have changed over the years. I think it's interesting how we go through different seasons in life and through them we learn more about Jesus. I remember how I felt the first Christmas and Easter after mom and dad passed away. I was thinking about how are holidays must pale in comparison to theirs, celebrating around the throne of God. We can see only small glimpses of the glory that they bask in on a daily basis. It brought the realization of eternity into a new light for me.

This newer season of motherhood has brought me a deeper understanding of the loss of Mary, and what God gave up when he "...gave His only begotten son". I truely can't imagine the pain of watching your child suffer and die on a cross-knowing that they did no wrong. I completely lose if Yan even gets hurt-I think I would have had to be constrained if I was Mary. I really can't imagine the pain. Then, after experiencing such acute grief, to see Him again-her joy must have been overwhelming.

But what must she have felt when people still didn't believe? Her son gave His life, was humiliated, shamed and killed to save the world-yet some still couldn't and wouldn't believe. What does it say about His sacrifice when someone doesn't believe? Was it not enough? How could any of us, totally imperfect people, do anything which even remotely compares to Christs' sacrifice?

Hmmmm. I'm just in awe...in awe that Christ did that for you and me!
Jenn

No comments: