Saturday, September 13, 2008

Random thoughts and happenings

Life has just been busy lately. I'm now taking care of two little babies now...they are keeping me busy, but are so sweet and fun. Yan LOVES them! She cracks me up because she covers them in hugs and kisses.

We've had a busy week. Right now I'm eagerly waiting word that some friends in Texas are okay. I so want to hear from them! Praying for them!

We also had a big scare Thursday night. I was so pleased to run into Angie ("Bring the Rain" Angie) at our post office. We had some time to chat and the girls were running around playing. Yan seemed fine and happy. We left to head off and do some other errands before gymnastics class. It couldn't have been 10 minutes and I looked over at Yan and her head was starting to bob up and down, she looked sick and then started choking. I was trying to drive and help her (not my brightest idea), but was finally able to stop at a friends house, who kindly met me in her driveway. Yan started choking and finally coughed up huge pieces of apple...which she had eaten about 4 hours prior to the event. Then, she seemed fine. But later in the evening ended up choking several other times. Very weird and scary for mommy. Needless to say, she slept right next to me that night.

(Okay, mommy bragging ahead...you've been warned.) You know, I'm constantly amazed by some of the things that she does. This week she astounded me. We went to kroger to do a bunch of shopping and came home. Lately, she has been trying to help unload the grocery bags and has just set things on the counters. Well, this week she decided to unload them, and put them all away in their proper spots. She knew that the cold ones went in the fridge and even knew to put the squeeze margarine and parmesean in the side hanger inside the refrigerator door. I was AMAZED!

She also cracked me up over a bit of a communication frustration this week. I have been trying to point out the different kinds of sports that we see when we drive around. We regularly pass a baseball and soccer field and a group of kids that play football. I tell her what sport it is and how they play (well, maybe not in "official" terminology, but in my "non-sporty" version). Well Thursday we passed the football kids and she was listening and enjoying watching them. Friday, she started playing ball in the house (with a little blue whiffle ball). She was trying some new "moves" and I thought was just being silly. She kept putting her foot on top of the ball and pointing. I was watching, but didn't get it. She kept doing it over and over and clicking for me to look. I finally said, "What are you trying to show me? I don't understand". She blurted out " FOOT ...BALL!" :-) I roared with laughter and she was so pleased that she got her point across. What a smart girl!! I love her!

Have to run...Sesame is over! Love to all!

3 comments:

my life: said...

It almost seems like every day...is something new! I love that...she is getting so big and grown up...it's exciting to see!

Way to go Yan! You just keep clicking till your mama gets it....we can be a bit thick sometimes! ;^)

my life: said...

where are you? You've been quiet...

Heather - Hopelessly Flawed said...

She is so adorable! I love how her mind works, she really sees things in such a unique way. (I still marvel over her Elmo setup!)

Very cool to meet Angie too!